Wednesday, July 11, 2007

"Professor, what's another word for pirate treasure?






well I think it's... Thrift Store USA!! Today I found some great stuff. Henry did not protest as I circled the store numerous times searching for things to catch my eye. I picked up a beautiful wooden carved vessel-type bowl; some awesome fabric napkins that remind me of Jonathen Adler (and would be perfect sewn into pillows); a vintage toy for Henry; some interesting glass candy dishes; and a vintage book entitled "The Illustrated Almanac for Homemakers." I couldn't resist the book- those kitschy illustrations get me every time. There was more booty to be had, but I didn't want to be greedy (p.s. Miss A.Bel of every little thing- there was some bizarre ribbon that you'd probably enjoy over where they keep the patterns stashed- I tried to bury it a bit behind the cheesy wallpaper border rolls). So there you have it. I really need a roomier vehicle so I can start picking up furniture, too. But... of course then I'd need a roomier house...

No comments: