Saturday, May 26, 2007

zoo-ma-boom.






Yesterday Henry took his first trip to the zoo. We actually live just down the street from the zoo, and it is odd to think that these elephants, giraffes, lions, and tigers are so near, feeling the same breezes that we feel in our backyard. Zoos have always made me feel a bit sad. No matter how hard they try to recreate a natural habitat for these animals, it just falls noticeably short. It feels wrong to stand and gawk at an animal stuck behind bars. We purchased a membership before I was hit with these feelings of regret, so I may just go to enjoy the lovely gardens and greenspaces, and to watch all of the stroller brigades. Really, I've never seen so many strollers congregated together like that in my life. mommy mafias, sad giraffe, lonely elephant...... sigh.

No comments: