Monday, May 21, 2007

old friends, new friends.


This weekend we only managed to make it to one of the zillion festivals going on all at once over the weekend. I wish they could be staggered a bit throughout the month instead of all happening at the same time. Stockley Gardens, a local fine arts festival was the winner. We really enjoyed seeing some new, different artists this season (and all painters!). I am toying with the idea of participating in the Stockley Gardens fall festival. We'll see how much work I'm able to accomplish over the summer. I have some new ideas for larger paintings that I am just so excited about. I need to get crackin' though- it is just so hard to find the time to get everything done. Speaking of which, I dropped Henry off at my parents house so that I could have a "personal" day to get yard work done and stuff ready for a garage sale. And here I am inside blogging.... well, I am devoted to my posting, what can I say? And what I really want to do is take a nap. How luxurious would that be?
Yesterday our old neighbors who moved to Connecticut about a year and 1/2 ago stopped in town for a visit. It was so wonderful to catch up with them. Their son was just a tiny baby when they moved, and now he is running around and saying the funniest things. I've never heard cuter animal sounds before in my life- i.e. Q."what does a dog say?" A."oof, woof, woof"-in a tiny, sweet voice. It was so cool to watch Henry interacting with another kid, sharing his toys and all. We'll see how long that gracious sharing lasts- hopefully, forever. Happy Monday, folks. and I'm off to cut back those azaleas.... or take a nap.

2 comments:

little pink trees. ooo said...

ok i gotta hang up now. bye. hope you got that nap. you deserve it girl! when is your yard sale ? maybe i can get in on it??? i might just end up throwing my stuff away.... its one of my i dont have a job duties for the week. weed out old clothes and old dishes.

Marissa said...

i loved it when you did that- funny. i'm not much of a phone person, so i appreciate that 'brief' style. no- i didn't get that nap. just finished cutting back all of the shrubs in our yard, edward scissorhands style. my hands are weak now. i may just replace them with scissors, actually. the yard sale is at mike's parents, but we may just decide to do one here. i'll let you know. maybe we can ahem, sell those damn tables.