Saturday, November 29, 2008

Is my kitchen floor supposed to look like that?



The renovations continue, six months since we broke ground and still going strong. If someone had told me early summer that the house wouldn't be finished by Thanksgiving week, I never would have believed them. We are getting so close though. I will be so happy when I can wake up and know I can relax; that my house won't be full of people hammering, nailing, and sawing; that I won't have to get the kids out for damage control. Things are really shaping up- the master bathroom was finished this evening, and it is gorgeous if I may say so. It looks even more amazing than I ever envisioned that it would.
Our kitchen will be transformed this week- new cabinets, new countertops. Another wall came down this week, and Mike and his dad removed everything down to the sub floor in preparation for tile to be installed. I can't wait to post pictures when it is all done. (really though, I just can't wait for it to be ALL DONE....)

No comments: