Thursday, December 13, 2007

been a busy elf.




I am still plugging away at trying to create a handmade Christmas for all of my favoritos. Some fabric I ordered from repropdepot just arrived, and I have to say, I am in love with these patterns. I have been working on some little porcelain pretties, but I'm really not sure how these are going to turn out. College ceramics was a looongggg time ago. Nonetheless, it has been a whole lot of fun re-exploring that medium. There is nothing like that sense of "flow" I get from kneading, sculpting, designing with that earthy goodness. I suppose it is the same great feeling I get while painting, collaging, etc. I've been needing more flow in my life...
I have been slowly creating my little Christmas vignettes around the house. I'll leave you with a picture of a little tree I put together for my beloved blown glass ornaments and crystal icicles. It is so easy to do- find some attractive branches in the yard, anchor in an urn using river rocks, and voila. I'll post some pictures of our big tree and my mantle later.
I hope everyone is enjoying the holiday season!

No comments: