Monday, June 18, 2007

some flowers.




Last weekend I put together the floral arrangements for my brother's highschool reunion. For the better part of friday it was smooth and steady work. I didn't watch the clock, but the nine hour playlist I was working to on the ipod ended a couple of hours before I was ready to throw in the towel. I was quite pleased with the results. I love big jobs like this when I get to work with a lot of flowers. There is nothing better to me than to see bunches of flowers grouped en masse. I love flowers so much, it is a thrill just to be around them for a short while. This job included 100 long stem roses, bunches of white stargazer lilies, the most gorgeous hybrid blue delphiniums, and about 100 stems of red and white alstroemeria (the school colors were red and blue). When I had all of the smaller arrangements spread out on the kitchen table I couldn't help but to laugh- it looked exactly like some decadent design I could see at say, Elton John's wedding or something. Ahhh, flowers.

2 comments:

little pink trees. ooo said...

so pretty

Anonymous said...

everybody loved them. again, thanks so much.