Monday, June 04, 2007

it's like rainnnn, on my wedding day...






isn't it ironic, dontcha think? no, not really, but I couldn't help but to hum that song all day this past Saturday. My cousin Jessica got married that day, and it poured buckets and buckets. She lives on an island, to make matters worse- worse, because, well, the weather is just an altogether different entity when you are surrounded by water on all sides. She got married in a beautiful old church (circa 1911) with the most amazing stained glass windows. Unfortunately the garden party ended up becoming a basement party (or 'under the house' party- their house is raised because... that whole island thing). There was a keg. And exposed insulation. Almost reminded me of my Radford University party days. Except I was wearing pearls and a party dress. Really a lovely day though; and Jessica was a beautiful bride. She an T.J. are so splendid together- the kind of couple where it would be obvious to even a stranger passing them by on a crowded street that they are deeply in love. My Mom and I did the flowers for the wedding, except in the rush of the day, and the rain, etc. I did not get a single photograph of our handiwork. The professional photog. did though, so perhaps I'll be able to upload from her site later. All in all, a wet, but most wonderful day. One of my favorite things is to drive through the country, by the sea, through fields and fields of corn... I am from the country on my mom's side, and this soil is in my blood. when you are in love and have a beautiful life ahead to share... who really cares about a change of plans, a damp dress and hair, or muddy toes? That's life, right? Just perfect, and beautiful after all.

2 comments:

swampy said...

barcobillie

Anonymous said...

I got pics of some of the flowers. sell em to ya real cheap.