Sunday, December 10, 2006

its the freakin' weekend...


...we're gonna have some fun. To quote the R-ah. Mike and I went to go see Borat this weekend- we have been trying forever to see it -Going out for a night on the town together requires alot of advance planning now; as we have to line up one of our moms to watch Henry, etc. It was worth the wait though. The movie was as hilarious as I expected it to be. A bit depressing though. I can't believe the display of ignorance I saw as shown by the americans being "interviewed." Unbelievable. I must be naive in thinking that racism and bigotry are quickly diminishing. I love that the stupid frat boys from South Carolina are trying to sue for defamation of character. Poor babies! I just found out that the rodeo depicted was filmed in Salem, Virginia. Yikes! I used to drive through Salem when I took 460 on my way to school. That hits a little too close to home. If you have seen the film, you know what I'm talking about. What are these people thinking? I guess they aren't. I don't know how Sascha B.C. keeps a straight face. Especially when the fat guy was messing with his a noose in the hotel room.
We finished our evening with dinner at the Boot. Yum. The food was delicious. My third visit, and I've been pleased every time. I had the lasagna bolognese, Mike had the orecchiette with italian sausage. They have a really good wine list and beer menu. I love that red cap Chimay!! Thanks Jules for turning me on to that one. It will be a great venue when they can start booking bands to play. It is just a really nice, low-key atmosphere wherein you can actually have a conversation. The bathroom is clean as well, which is important to me- I avoid the taphouse now because of the nastiness festering in the w.c. I have a good feeling about that place- worth a babysitter! Cheers to The Boot!

2 comments:

beth said...

What size does Mike wear in a swimsuit? I am going to be doing some X-mas shopping today and I was just thinking.....
hee hee

Marissa said...

you'll never get him out of his red speedos