Friday, November 24, 2006

some fleurs.




Above- arrangements I put together for the thanksgiving feast this year. They had ornamental kale at the wholesaler. Love it.
Last year Mike and I hosted Thanksgiving dinner at our house for nine people, and it all seemed pretty ambitious. We had our next door neighbors over because their parents lived out of town, and they had a new baby and weren't up for travelling. I remember admiring their little family and relishing the idea of a son. Mike and I broke the wishbone of the turkey that day and both wished for the same thing. A couple of weeks later Henry was conceived! Hard to believe that was a year ago.
Needless to say, we did not host Thanksgiving here this year. I made a couple of arrangements and three pies. That was ambitious enough with a newborn. It was a wonderful day to give thanks.

1 comment:

Cassie said...

beautiful - as always.