Friday, November 17, 2006

grrr.



Mike and I were looking at these pictures last night and we laughed. Henry seems to be saying: take away the owl motif and I'll punch ya in the gut. grrr. It is funny- the owl theme is a bit serendipitous- Cassie created a reproduction of an owl-shaped clock that I really wanted. She then made him the owl pillow. Then Gymboree, where we love to shop, came out with its 'creatures' line of infant clothing, which included- you guessed it- owls. Finally- a few weeks after Henry was born I was up and feeding him in the late, late night. I heard a loud bird call- it was an owl!! We have all sorts of interesting birds around, because we live on the wetlands- Herons, egrets, hawks, woodpeckers, we have even seen a pair of bald eagles- but never an owl. We hear the owl periodically at night. I like to think of him as Henry's nighttime protector. And to think the bird theme began with twittering bird. It comes around full circle.

1 comment:

Cassie said...

Awww.....