Friday, August 25, 2006

Still pregnant.


Friday, and no baby yet! I was having some major contractions yesterday evening, however they diminished as the night wore on. I woke up this morning and rubbed my tummy: still in there. As I sat at the table this morning looking out at my garden, listening to music, and enjoying my daily glass of o.j., I had the sense that maybe Henry was looking out for me. Perhaps I'd rather be here than in the hospital... The golden solitude of a Friday morning at home, just waiting for wonderful things to come. This solitude was briefly interrupted by a throwing up fit by my cat Hugo. He stood atop his table where he gets fed, trying to dislodge a hairball. He always makes this crazy call before one of these sessions- a lonnnnggg moan; starting deep and low and then becoming more desperate and more high-pitched as it rises from his throat. And then he lets loose. I like that he gives me warning though. You know, so I can watch! He's quite dramatic about the whole thing. As the hairball was ejected he shook his head around, to make sure his mess got spread as far around the kitchen as possible. Isn't that nice? Mommy-training? I see many more disgusting messes in my future. But then I caught up on my daily blog reading and took some pictures. I'm getting used to this maternity leave.

No comments: