Monday, February 11, 2008

Supa Dupa Tuesday!!!!


Wahoo!!

The crowd that made it into the building was 18,000 people strong. this doesn't count all the people who got turned away at the door due to capacity.

It was so great to see the kids involved. I watched these little ones painting their signs before the start of the rally.


On Sunday evening I had the amazing opportunity to hear Barack Obama speak at the Virginia Beach Convention Center. It was exhilirating from the moment we arrived- huge crowds of excited people waiting happily despite the line that seemed to snake on forever and the heavy winds that were anything but "whispering". I actually felt a huge surge of emotion as I walked to the end of the line- the diversity of the crowd and this sort of uniting force that seemed to bind us all together for a moment was undeniable. I felt like I was a part of history that is being made at this very moment.
Once through the massive line and at the threshold of the building, people raced into the convention center like they were about to see an impromptu show by their favorite band of all time for free. Obama was eloquent, inspiring, and everything I thought he would be in person. His message and platform are strong and clear- I just hope enough people hear it and believe in it. For once, in a very, very long time, I'd be proud to speak of and recognize my president.
Get out there and vote people. It is supa dupa Tuesday!!

No comments: